Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy Launch Day, Musa!

Today I'm helping to celebrate the opening day of a brand new publisher, Musa Publishing.

They will publish my new YA novel, THE GIRL WHO REMEMBERED HORSES on November 4, 2011.


Stop by their site:  http://www.musapublishing.com/
or their blog: http://musapublishing.blogspot.com/
where they are giving away prizes all week - Books! Swag!



If you don't see my name or my book on the site, it's because it will be released by their new YA imprint called Euterpe, which will be up and running very soon.

Why did I take a chance with a brand new publisher on a book that's been six years in the making?

Well, that's another blog post and story altogether, but suffice it say that right off the bat I was impressed with this company. It seemed to be run by a handful of smart, savvy publishing women with drive and business acumen. And what author wouldn't be impressed by a company that shares its contract and royalty structure right on their website for anyone to see?

Here's an interview with Editorial Director Celina Summers, which will give you an idea of the direction the company is heading: http://annieseaton.blogspot.com/2011/10/innovative-new-e-publisher-launches.html

As for me, I'm obviously very excited, too. THE GIRL WHO REMEMBERED HORSES will come out first as an e-book (start your Kindles, Nooks, iPads, and various e-readers!) and hopefully soon after in paper. And I can't wait to share this story with you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is your book now coming out a week earlier?

Linda Benson said...

Yes, it is! I had announced November 11th, but it's coming out on November 4th. Cool, huh?

Vonnie Hughes said...

Hey, it's great that Musa is so efficient it gets you a week ahead! Good luck with the book, Linda.

Amy Lukavics said...

I'm so happy for you, Linda!! The premise for this story sounds amazing. <3 <3

Anonymous said...

I love this book so much, Linda! I'm so excited for it to be one of our earliest releases!

Laura S. said...

Very cool! Congratulations, Linda!

Ellen's Poetry said...

so exciting!