Saturday, May 5, 2012

Talk Derby To Me!

No, Kentucky Derby, silly. Today is the 138th running of the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky, and on this day, for me, everything else stops. I am too tingly and excited and work myself into a fever pitch waiting for this:



It's televised on NBC from 1-4 PM Pacific Time (adjust your times accordingly.)

Here's a link about the horses that are running: http://www.kentuckyderby.com/horses

Yes, I am wearing a T-shirt that says "Talk Derby To Me!" It's all I can think about today!

How about you? Will you be watching??

1 comment:

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Not only did I watch, but we had our first Kentucky Derby Day party (mint julips and all). We had a blast with 30 other people picking horses and watching the pre-race festivities and, of course, the race itself. Oh, those beautiful horses are breath taking! And did anyone predict the outcome of I'll Have Another wearing the roses? I lost money, but loved the race. : )