Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Versatile Blogger

Confession. I've had this Fantastic Award hanging in my back pocket for awhile, given to me by another writer/horsewoman, Jaye Robin Brown, who has a wonderful blog called Hanging On To Wonder. Thank you very much! I am honored!!

So, in all due haste, I will now tell you the rules of this award:

1. In a post on your blog, nominate 5 fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.




So. Here are seven random things about me:

  1. I love all fruits - and most vegetables (not big on okra or brussel sprouts) - but my very favorite fruit to eat are Ripe Apricots - right off the tree.
  2. I have never been to New York or to Europe, but I've been to Halibut Cove, Alaska by boat and to the bottom of the Grand Canyon by mule.
  3. I have owned horses for 45 years, although I have none at this very moment.
  4. I've owned donkeys for fourteen years and will hereby state publicly that there is nothing cuter than a baby donkey.
  5. I read an average of two novels a week. I write an average of one novel a year.
  6. The book I am reading right now is My Life in France, by Julia Child. It's not one I would have picked out myself, but was chosen by our book club, and I am quite enjoying it!
  7. My newest book - The Girl Who Remembered Horses - at this moment sits at #1 on a Goodreads list called Fantasy Books Featuring Horses. This makes me happy.



Okay, and now to nominate five more blogging friends for this award!

1) On The Way To Critter Farm, written by my friend Danni, who shares my love of donkeys.
2) Wavy Lines, written by writer and blogger extraordinaire Laura Marcella.
3) Sharon Ledwith: I Came. I Saw. I Wrote. who is a fellow Musa writer, with a new book out soon!
4) Laptops and Lattes, a blog by author friend and fellow animal lover Cynthia Willis.
5) Fearless Riding, written by fellow horsewoman Beth.

Enjoy! Have Fun!!

8 comments:

Sharon Ledwith said...

Wow, Linda, I'm honored!Thank you soooo much! I will do my due diligence and pass this award on to my five blog picks! Cheers!

Dreaming said...

The donkey pictures are the best!
Congrats on the award!

Linda Benson said...

Sharon - have fun with this!

Dreaming - I love your blog, and you were on my list to give this award to, but I noticed you just received it from someone else, and I didn't want to make you feel like you had to do it twice. Your blog is Fantastic, though, and thanks for being one of my best commenters.

Laura S. said...

Thank you so much, Linda! Congrats on your award and thanks for passing it on to me. :) I like your 7 things! Baby donkeys are so cute!

Thanks again, and congrats on your novel being #1!!

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Thanks Linda!!! And those pictures are adorable! And congratulations on The Girl Who Remembered HOrses being number one on the Goodreads list! That's great! Hurray for horse and animal love. : )

Beth said...

I am so honored! Thank you so very much. I appreciate more that words can say!

Jaye Robin Brown said...

Fun! Love your trivia and those donkey pictures are the BEST! My neighbors had the sweetest Percheron mule mare on the land next to me for about six months, it devastated me when they took her away. She would hang her head over the fence and let me rub those ears and she demanded apples from the deer tree.

And apricots, fresh., sounds like heaven.

Patricia said...

Hey, I think you've given me five more blogs to follow. As you know, I'm a horse lover and owner, too, and love all things animal. I so enjoyed the pictures of your little donkey. SO so cute. Nothing quite like it!
Patti