Wednesday, February 1, 2012

2012 Reading Challenge

Whoa! It's February already!

And I haven't even posted my reading challenge.



Last year, inspired by the Stephen King quote -

“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write.” -  

I took the 2011 Goodreads Reading Challenge and challenged myself to read 111 books during the year.

I easily met this challenge, and in fact read 128 books. Granted some of these were picture books (maybe ten of them) but most were a mix of adult, YA, and middle grade fiction. All full-length novels.

I firmly believe that when you read good literature, you absorb it. Hopefully when you begin writing, your writing improves also. That's the theory anyway.

So when Goodreads repeated the challenge this year, I had no problems automatically signing myself up for 112 books. (I'm only competing with myself, naturally.)

I find that between my reading group, my new Nook, books I've received as Christmas gifts, my library check-outs, and books that I read for reviews, there is certainly no shortage of things that I want to read. So I'm pretty sure I'll reach this goal. I've already read twelve books in 2012 (although two of those were short novellas.)
If you want to find out what I've been reading lately, you can check the graph at the bottom of the right hand column of this blog. Better yet - "friend" me on Goodreads, and we can share book recommendations and see what we're all reading. Here's the link: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3421565.Linda_Benson

I love to read. Do you?
What are you reading right now?

No comments: