Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Empty Barn

An empty barn is a sad, sad thing.



And we've had an empty barn at our house for some months now.

I've always thought it would be freeing - not having outside animals to feed or worry over, especially in the dreadful cold winter months. I could just stay in the warm house in my jammies - and write.

But I've found it's quite the opposite. Even though it can be a pain to pull on jeans, turtleneck, warm fleece, warm socks, old boots, scarf, warm beanie, and heavy barn jacket just to go feed in the morning (and in the evening) I've also been missing my most peaceful and relaxing part of the day - time spent in the barn with my animals.

So today - with luck, and weather holding - that should change. Hopefully I'll be able to post a picture soon of some new friends in the barn.

Keep watching this space . . .

3 comments:

Gone2theDawgs said...

Do I know the new occupants? :)

Linda Benson said...

Hopefully you will know them soon. They have long ears ;-)

wilsonc said...

I'll be checking back here every single day!