Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Lucky 7

Fellow writer Sharon Ledwith tagged me in The Lucky Seven Meme

which sounded kind of fun. Here are the rules:

1. Go thou to page 77 of your current MS
2. Get thee hence to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines - sentences or paragraphs - and post them as they're written. No cheating!
4. Tag 7 authors
5. Let each and every one of them know

So, without further ado, here are 7 lines, starting with line 7, from page 77 of my new book, which will be released on June 1, 2012, called Six Degrees of Lost. (Ha! Got you on that one, huh? It wasn't a seven!)

“Paddle! Paddle!” yells James.

They each grab an oar, and I lean over the side of the raft and use my hands to pull hard downstream towards the highway bridge. My heart is beating so fast I can barely breathe. I steal one glance backward, and I see a column of black smoke drift up into the afternoon rain clouds, as orange flames lap hungrily against the sides of the barn.

“Holy crap,” says James.

“What?” asks Sherman.

“I left the BB gun up there,” he says. “In the barn.”

So, there you have it. Excited yet? I'll share the cover soon, but be assured that Six Degrees of Lost has dogs, cats, horses, a raft trip, a girl, a boy, pancakes, and a first kiss. What more do you need? Okay fine - a mother in jail, brothers in the military, an unplanned journey, and oh, you'll just have to wait until June to find out. Or, you can click on the title and follow the link to Goodreads to read the whole blurb. And add it to your to-read list!

And for the next seven writers to partake in this fun tag game, I choose:

1. Amaleen Ison
2. Cornell DeVille
3. Arley Cole
4. Devin Hodgins
5. L.K. Mitchell
6. Mindy Hardwick
7. Jennifer Walker

Don't worry, if you don't have a page 77 in a finished or unfinished manuscript, you can always use page 7. The Lucky 7! Ready, Set, Go!! Have Fun!!

No comments: