Sunday, February 14, 2010

Windstorm

A January windstorm produced havoc in our front yard.

The force of the wind blew down some huge trees.




Lying dead in our yard, the fallen trees made me sad.



The branches of pine, spruce and fir
were cut and stacked in a pile.

Early next morning, I noticed something.



A strange and beautiful design.



Lacy and ethereal,
Spiders had spun their webs
around each dead branch,
hoping to catch a meal.

Creating art in their quest for survival.
Beauty is Everywhere.
And even amidst destruction,
Life Prevails.


3 comments:

Joanna said...

Creepy, but beautiful. It's crazy how fast spiders can work!

And just got a chance to pop over to equestrian after little-to-no internet from Snowpocalypse 2010. Great post on Copper! I wanted to comment there, but I never had a horse :(

Happy blogging, Linda!

Linda Benson said...

Glad you survived Snowpocalypse, Jo. And you know me, I like spiders (but not snakes.) Hope Spring comes your way soon.

Happy Tweeting!

Vonna said...

Such beautiful images... and sentiments!