Collection of ceramic and handmade turkeys that I bring out this time of year.
So here's my list:
- I'm thankful for family. Although we may not always be together, I come from a close family that talks and shares things and loves one another.
- I am thankful for my husband. I married him 22 years ago, and it was one of the best decisions of my life.
- I am thankful that I live in a warm house and that I have plenty to eat on Thanksgiving, and every day. I realize that this is not true for many people in the world, and I know how lucky I am.
- I am thankful I live in a peaceful country without war at our doors. I am thankful for the men and women who have given their lives to protect us, and those that do so every single day.
- I am thankful for the animals in my life, who bring me so much companionship, fun, and joy.
- I am thankful that I live in a beautiful place, with trees and woods surrounding me.
- I am thankful for my health. Although I am getting older and parts of me are not as good as they used to be, I am basically still pretty healthy, and I am very thankful for that.
- I am thankful that I received a good education, that allowed me to read well (one of my primary joys in life) and to learn to make good decisions.
- I am thankful for good friends and neighbors, which we have in abundance.
- I am thankful for turkey, and pumpkin pie, and laughter, and music.
I could go on and on, but on this day sitting in my comfy chair with the rain pounding down outside, I am thankful for the time to reflect and give thanks for the many good things in my life.
I hope that all of you can do the same.
Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!
I hope you enjoy your day!